Sunday, September 11, 2011

Blog #1

          Something I have been thinking about since Wednesday's lecture was about the technology I use everyday which would be my laptop, cell phone, ipod, alarm clock to just name a few. I kept thinking about it and realized that technology is used everyday like swiping to open the door of my dormitory to swiping in at the dining hall. Everything is eventually going to be connected to technology in some way. I wanted to find a to find a way to improve cell phones because everyone has one nowadays so why not find a way to make them better. Personally I would always be in a position where my phone is running out of battery and I would not have my charger with me because really who brings their charger with them? I don't at least. So I am in this predicament and I am just wishing there was a way to charge it somehow some way.
          I wanted my idea to relate to something I enjoy doing and that would be running although I do not run very well its something I enjoy doing whenever I would have the time for it. So my idea is to somehow find a way to put a pedometer into a cell phone battery that charges itself when the owner moves. So whenever they walk, run, or whenever they work out it charges without having the hassle of bringing a charger and having to find an outlet. My idea incorporates something I like to do with a problem that can occur at anytime.
         At Wednesday's lecture we were talking about social media. I think for entrepreneurs social media is a very good way to get information about their service and or product out there. I would use social media perhaps twitter or facebook to maybe conduct surveys asking if they would use or buy the product and how they would use it. Maybe even ask for suggestions or feedback about it. The downside of it is that someone else might steal the idea and make their own if someone is not careful enough. I think social media would be the way to go when I would want to get the word out about my product and maybe get an estimate on how many people would actually buy it and not think it is a total waste. I am curious on how I will be able to develop this idea.

5 comments:

  1. That is an interesting idea, i am not sure it would be a pedometer as they are more for measuring the number of steps a person takes, but instead perhaps there is a device that could hook up to a cell phone and capture energy from the user as they move. I could see a lot of applications for that more generic type of device. You could use it in a car as it vibrates along, or on a bike or anywhere. Cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea thanks! That is really helpful and I will definitely try to think about making it in more ways than just this way you know? Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the TA, it is a good idea and I feel like it would be a great invention that can be implicated in those devices. I like it because it's about time and cost efferent. Also, can be great in cases of emergencies, life if you were on the road and had to use your phone but it was dead. This is something I would look more into.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is something everyone might though about but never realized into concrete concept. I know there are devices that lets you charge your electronic devices through solar panel attached to phone itself or backpack but idea of integrating pedometer is new to me. I don't know if this is possible with current technology given pedometer and vibrating motors are still developing in useful way, but this is really interesting idea. Can't wait to read more about it !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Jen this sounds like a really great idea with a huge upside. I think it would be very cool to be able to hook up my cell phone or Ipod and have it charge when i run, jump, jog, or even walk. This seems like a very difficult thing to do from the technology standpoint. In terms of social media, when asking if people would actually use this product I would make a private survey to send to trustworthy people. This can be through many different social media sites, and you won't have to worry about anyone stealing your great idea.

    ReplyDelete